These terms and conditions govern your use of our website. Our terms have been provided and approved by legal documents provider LegalCentre.co.uk. Please read the terms in full before you use this Website. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use this Website. Using the Website implies that you accept these terms. We do occasionally update these terms so please refer back to them in the future. Where applicable under law, these Terms constitute a “writing signed by you”.
- SITE ACCESS
- 1.1 You will be able to access the majority of this Website without having to register any details with us. However, particular areas of this Website will only be accessible only if you have registered.
- 2.1 You should provide true, accurate and complete registration information to be a mytownhomepage.co.uk member. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password and you will be responsible for all activities occurring under your username and for keeping your password secure. We may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be protected by trademark or proprietary rights law, or is vulgar, offensive or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- USE OF WEBSITE
- 2.1 You are permitted to use our website for your own purposes and to print and download material from this Website provided that you do not modify any content without our consent. Material on this website must not be republished online or offline without our permission.
- 2.2 The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website are owned by us or our licensors and must not be reproduced without our prior consent.
- 2.3 Subject to paragraph 2.1, no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.
- 2.4 You agree to abide by all applicable UK and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account made by you including the content of your transmissions through the mytownhomepage.co.uk Service
- 2.5 Data from mytownhomepage.co.uk may not be used expressly for Telesales, Mailshots or any other commercial use without express permission in writing from mytownhomepage.co.uk
- 2.6 Businesses using any paid for service with mytownhomepage.co.uk agree to terms and conditions within this page.
- 2.7 Members can request that any information relating to them be removed from appearing on mytownhomepage.co.uk by making a clear and formal request as such to a member of the mytownhomepage.co.uk team.
- 2.8 Members of the site are responsible for the posting and updating of their own information through the login details created or provided to them by a mytownhomepage.co.uk
- 2.9 Any Member of Mytownhomepage paying for services should make a payment as detailed in the appropriate section of the site. If a payment is not made, Mytownhomepage will have the right to remove any information relating to that Member from the site.
- 2.10 All discounts, offers, bargains and deals that are listed on the mytownhomepage.co.uk website or referred to in advertising material by members must be provided to users of the site on request.
- 2.11 All Members by using the site agree to abide by the particular additional terms and conditions specified in each section of the Mytownhomepage.co.uk site.
- 2.12 It is entirely Members responsibility to ensure that any details you provide to mytownhomepage.co.uk are correct before they are posted on the site and for the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever responsibility for ensuring the same rests solely with you.
- 2.13 Mytownhomepage.co.uk maintains the right to edit or remove any information posted by any Member on the site if we deem that information to be inappropriate.
- 2.14 Members are entitled to post free information on parts of the mytownhomepage.co.uk site however free information can be entered also be entered by the mytownhomepage.co.uk team.
- 2.15 Members should enter details only and duplication for any reason is not allowed.
- 2.16 Mytownhomepage.co.uk maintains the right to edit or remove any information which it deems to have time lapsed.
- SITE UPTIME
- 3.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that this Website is available 24 hours every day, 365 days per year. However, websites do sometimes encounter downtime due to server and, other technical issues. Therefore we will not be liable if this website is unavailable at any time.
- 3.2 This Website may be temporarily unavailable due to issues such as system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control. Where possible we will try to give our visitors advance warning of maintenance issues but shall not be obliged to do so.
- VISITOR CONDUCT
- 4.2 When using this website you shall not post or send to or from this Website any material:
(a) for which you have not obtained all necessary consents;
(b) that is discriminatory, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, liable to incite racial hatred, in breach of confidentiality or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience to others, which encourages or constitutes conduct that would be deemed a criminal offence, give rise to a civil liability, or otherwise is contrary to the law in the United Kingdom;
(c) which is harmful in nature including, and without limitation, computer viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted data, or other potentially harmful software or data.
- 4.3 The sole arbiter in defining any breaches as detailed in para 4.2 above will be mytownhomepage.co.uk Ltd.
- 4.4 We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requiring us to disclose the identity or other details of any person posting material to this website in breach of Paragraph 4.2.
- 4.5 You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. mytownhomepage.co.uk respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of any infringing material on the Web site, please contact us and provide us with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web site (including a URL and/or screen shot); your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- LINKS TO AND FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- 5.1 Any links to third party websites located on this Website are provided for your convenience only. We have not reviewed each third party website and have no responsibility for such third party websites or their content. We do not endorse the third party websites or make representations about them or any material contained in them. If you choose to access a third party website linked to from this Website, it is at your own risk.
- 5.2 If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this Website, and subject to the following conditions:
(a) you do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
(b) you do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
(c) you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
(d) your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
- 5.3 If you choose to link to our website in breach of Paragraph 5.2 you shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered as a result of your actions.
- 6.1 We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this Website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this Website. We may make changes to the material on this Website at any time and without notice. The material on this Website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date. The material at this Website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this Website.
- 6.2 These Terms of Service will apply to your use of the mytownhomepage.co.uk Service. At any time, you can terminate by emailing mytownhomepage.co.uk. Our proprietary rights, disclaimer of warranties, indemnities, limitations of liability and miscellaneous provisions shall survive any termination of your membership.
- 6.3 mytownhomepage.co.uk may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue temporarily or permanently providing the mytownhomepage.co.uk Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of access to the mytownhomepage.co.uk Service under any provision of the Terms of Service may be effected without notice, and acknowledge and agree that mytownhomepage.co.uk may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the mytownhomepage.co.uk Service. Further you agree that mytownhomepage.co.uk shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of access to the mytownhomepage.co.uk Service or modification of the mytownhomepage.co.uk Service.
- EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- 7.1 Neither we nor any other party (whether or not involved in producing, maintaining or delivering this Website), shall be liability or responsible for any kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party as a result of your or their use of our website. This exclusion shall include servicing or repair costs and, without limitation, any other direct, indirect or consequential loss, and whether in tort or contract or otherwise in connection with this Website.
- 7.2 Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by negligence (as defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977); (ii) fraud; (iii) misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or (iv) any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under the law of the United Kingdom.
- REQUEST A QUOTE SERVICE
- 8.1 In some geographical areas the Request a Quote Service will be offered. In these areas the following additional conditions apply:
- 8.2 In using the Services provided by Mytownhomepage, you acknowledge that Mytownhomepage is not acting as a contractor or agent and is not responsible for any work done. It is the responsibility of the Customer to select a suitable Trade Professional and to negotiate the terms for any work that they undertake, and Mytownhomepage will not be involved or held liable for the agreement between the Customer and Trade Professional.
- 8.3 We recommend that any Customer, before entering into a contract with any Trade Professional, obtains confirmation of insurance cover, guarantees, qualifications and any other necessary document. If you suffer any problems or losses as a result of acting on the information provided outside of the Website, Mytownhomepage will not be liable.
- 8.4 You understand that Mytownhomepage does not in any way 'vet' or approve Trade Professionals who are listed on the site.
- 8.5 Your interactions with organisations and/or individuals found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organisations and/or individuals.
- 8.6 You agree that Mytownhomepage shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. If there is a dispute between Users on this Website, or between Users and any third party, you understand and agree that Mytownhomepage is under no obligation to become involved.
- 8.7 If you are a business benefiting from our scheme, you agree to pay Mytownhomepage a fee of either a Lead Generation Fee (LGF) or a Contract Generation Fee (CGF). The LGF is a sum that pays for Mytownhomepage putting you in touch with each customer. Normally this fee would be £10 per customer or another sum agreed between both parties. The CGF is a sum paid to Mytownhomepage based as a percentage of the agreed final contract price. Normally this fee would be 10% of the agreed contract price inc VAT. Our Fees and invoices have payment terms of 14 days from date of issue.
- DAILY DEALS
- 9.1 Daily Deals are free for companies to use. Mytownhomepage will not charge any admin or set up fee but retain the right to accept, amend or refuse any Deal offered.
- 9.2 Mytownhomepage will charge a commission rate on the income accrued by any Daily Deal and then forward the full balance of the income minus any Paypal transaction fees to the Company within 5 Working Days after the expiry of the Deal. The normal commission rate is 20% but this level may be varied at the discretion of Mytownhomepage. It is for the Company to deal with VAT and tax payments as appropriate on the income passed to them.
- 9.3 My Town Homepage markets the Deals and acts an as agent in selling the Vouchers on behalf of the Merchants, however the Merchant is deemed as the issuer of the Voucher. As issuer of the Voucher, the Merchant shall be fully responsible for any and all damages, claims, liabilities and costs suffered by or in respect of a customer, caused in whole or in part by the Merchant or its products and services.
- GOVERNING JURISDICTION
This Legal Notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots Law. Any dispute(s) arising in connection with this Legal Notice are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Scotland.
- OUR DETAILS
Our business’s name is: Mytownhomepage.co.uk Ltd
Our business address is: 52 Weymouth Crescent, Gourock PA19 1HS Our Company Number is: SC 374838
Our VAT registration is: 992 1100 38
Our contact details are: